Last Updated May 2022
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information from customers through a variety of touch points during the course of our business. For example, we may collect Personal Information about you at our retail locations (“in-store”), online when you visit our website www.valentinaspartyworld.com or its related subdomains (“Website”).
Collection and use of personal information
Information You Provide To Us
You will be required to provide us with Personal Information if you choose to engage with certain functions on our Website or with us in-store. This includes when you:
- Create an account. To create an account, you will provide us with personal identifiers, such as your name, date of birth, and email address. Once your account is created, we will maintain your username and password.
- Make a purchase. If you make a purchase, you will need to provide your personal identifiers, such as your name, physical address, and email address, as well as customer records information, including payment card number. When you make a purchase, we also collect and maintain commercial information about you, such as products purchased, obtained, or considered, and purchasing and consuming tendencies.
- Participate in social media. You may choose to share your own personal identifiers, such as your name and any other personal information you choose to include in your post, through our ratings and review pages, and social media pages. If you tag a publicly available social media post with a reference to Valentinas, with your permission, we may also collect an image of you that you choose to include in your post.
- Interact with us. When you communicate with us or send us any feedback, questions, requests for support, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you will need to provide personal identifiers, including your name and email address.
- Move around in our store. If you visit one of our locations, video of you will be captured by our CCTV footage.
Information Collected Automatically from You
We also collect internet and other electronic network information and location information automatically as you navigate our Website. This information is collected by cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that your web browser places on your device when you visit a website. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your web browser.
The cookies and other technologies deployed through our Website collect internet and other electronic network information and geolocation data as follows:
- Usage Information. Information on your interaction with our Website such as the pages on our Website you access, the frequency of access, what you click on, and when you accessed the Website.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
How we use your Information
Valentinas uses the Personal Information that we collect about you for a variety of purposes. Specifically, we may use this Personal Information for the following purposes:
Product Service and Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage your purchases, payments, and returns or exchanges
- To deliver your purchases
- To provide you with requested services, such as online invitation services
- Process your payment
- Create and maintain your account
- Inform you of any changes to the Website or Mobile Application
- Respond to your questions or inquiries
- To provide customer support
- Engage in internet-based advertising
- Provide you with information on products or services we feel may be of interest to you
- Deliver coupons or other offers, emails, text messages, and targeted advertising as requested by you
- Administer promotions and surveys
- Maintain the security of our in-store locations
- Maintain and improve our Website
- Monitor user experience
- Engage in fraud identification and prevention
- Assist in resolving any Website issues
- Defend our rights and the rights of others
- Efficiently maintain our business
- Comply with applicable law
- We use aggregated or de-identified information for research and benchmarking
Information Sharing in General
- Service Providers. We may share the Personal Information we collect with entities that provide support services to us, such as analytics providers, call center providers, customer support providers, chat providers, email providers, shipping service providers, payment processors, web hosting providers, and e-commerce providers that assist us in taking orders, managing orders, and resolving customer issues. We also share the Personal Information we collect with entities that provide us with support to market our products and services, including internet-based advertising.
- Delivery Services. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our delivery partners and their employees and independent delivery personnel (including drivers) for the purpose of providing you delivery services that you may request in connection with a purchase from us. In addition, if you are providing delivery services for us (as a driver or otherwise) to our customers, your Personal Information may be collected by us and our third-party delivery partners.
- To Prevent Harm. We will share Personal Information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- Legal Purposes. We will share Personal Information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With Your Consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal Information or before the Personal Information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
- Non-Identifiable or Aggregate Information. We may share non-identifiable or aggregated information with third parties for lawful purposes. This includes information that cannot reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to a particular consumer.